In no certain order…
10. Those barnacles just ain’t feeding! This is red hot barnacle copulation! Turn the lights down low, everything’s goin’ to be just right…
9. Humboldt Squid are vicious, blood thirsty demons ready to rip the flesh off any living creature. Of course I tend toward exaggeration
8. Beautiful? Definitely! Slow? Stunningly! Hungry? Absolutely! Equipped with deadly precision and the gastropod equivalent of a harpoon, species of the genus Conus are here to terrorize all the fish in your neighborhood.
7. Sharks? Whatever… those serious about the ocean know octopods are top predators
6. Stunning, a rare thing of beauty but vicious and deadly. Reminds of a girl I dated once.
5. They’re sponges and they’re horny!
4. They’re like little puppies.
3. No top ten craziest web videos of marine invertebrates would be complete with the GIANT ISOPOD.
2. Polychaetes are one of the most diverse and bewildering marine invertebrate groups. To love the ocean is to love the worms. This is a 10cm Nereis. Make sure you watch to 0:55 for the amazing everting proboscis with its horny hooks.
1. Sure there are far more freshwater rotifers than marine but no reason to leave them off the list.
Bonus: Not invertebrate but sometimes you just gotta dance