Passing along a solicitation for what looks like a very interesting (and timely) research opportunity at The Ohio State University. You can also learn more about the graduate program at the PI’s lab website.
PhD GRADUATE RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY IN CORAL BLEACHING AND OCEAN ACIDIFICATION BIOGEOCHEMISTRY
Desired (but not required) qualifications:
- MSc in Marine Science, Geology, Biology, or any physical science. Exceptional applicants without an MSc will also be considered.
- Experience in isotope biogeochemistry, organic chemistry, or relevant coursework
- Tropical fieldwork experience or coral aquaculture experience
- The successful candidate must be accepted into the graduate program
- in the School of Earth Sciences at The Ohio State University
The position starts in September 2011 and includes four years of support. Please submit applications electronically by following the instructions here.
Indicate that you would like to study with Dr. Grottoli in your application. In addition, send a complete copy of your application materials as a single .pdf file to Dr. Andrea G. Grottoli at [email protected] (Note: File should contain copy of your research statement, a cover letter, resume, GRE scores, the names and contact information of three references, and a list of relevant course with grades). Please indicate “Graduate student application” in the subject line.
Application deadline is 5 January 2011. OSU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.