I will be noticeably absent here for the next few weeks as I head out to sea to collect woodfall communities at the appropriately and not so coincidentally name Deadwood site. What’s a woodfall community? Here is collection of links about wood fall communities and all the wee beasties that live on them.
- A Lonely Tree Far From Home Brings New Life to the Ocean Deep: A Narrative in Five Acts @DSN
- Some Echinoderms Will Never Grow Up @DSN
- Wood, It’s What’s For Dinner @DSN
- Wood from Land Feeds Deep Sea Life @DSN
- Making science out of chucking stuff in the sea @Eclectic Limpet
- Why land plants matter to deep-sea critters @Eclectic Limpet
You can follow me on Twitter @DrCraigMc and #woodfall to get to photos and thoughts as I participate on the cruise. Also make sure to follow my fellow cruise participant and wood fall enthusiast @jenna_judge as well. As a special treat I prepared the above photo to show all the cool critters we found on the logs last time! Click it for the full size image. The only thing to do now is pack this shirt.