The Deep Sea News team is hard at work creating new resources that the community at large might find of use.
So you want to be a marine (or deep sea) biologist? Read some articles we’ve written in the past about our careers and the state of the field:
- Miriam G: So You Want To Be A Marine Biologist: Deep Sea News Edition (Nov. 13, 2011)
- Andrew (Southern Fried Science): Misunderstood Marine Life # 1 – The five biggest myths about Marine Biologists (Oct. 7, 2011)
- David (Southern Fried Science): How To Apply For A Job Working With Sharks ( Nov. 30, 2010)
- Dr. M: Things You Get To Do When You Are A Marine Biologist? (Apr. 15, 2009)
- Dr. M: So You Want To Be A Deep Sea Biologist? (Mar. 2, 2009)
In collaboration with the team from Southern Fried Science, we published a book chapter in the forthcoming text Environmental Leadership. Enclosed below is a pdf copy of a preprint of the chapter. We hope you find is of use!
Thaler, A.D., K.A. Zelnio, A. Freitag, R. MacPherson, D. Shiffman, H. Bik, M.C. Goldstein, C. McClain (In Press). Digital Environmentalism: Tools and strategies for the evolving online ecosystem. In D. Gallagher (ed.) Environmental Leadership: A Reference Handbook. SAGE Reference (Preprint pdf).