Exterior view of Phoenix 1000. Photo from U.S. Submarines
Regular readers of DSN know that Peter and I try to provide all the latest information on all the newest vessels. Regular readers will also know Peter and I have had little success raising the necessary funds from you are readers to purchase any of them. Well here is the next plea and rest assured it will not be the last. Peter and I need $78,000,000 to purchase the Phoenix 1000.
The Phoenix 1000 is a 65-meter (213′) personal luxury submarine…As proposed, the submarine would constitute the single largest private undersea vehicle ever built, and arguably, one of the most significant personal transportation devices of the century…The total interior area of the submarine is in excess of 460 square meters (5000 square feet). The significant volume, coupled with very large acrylic viewports, and the potential for relatively large open spaces, results in a vehicle as luxurious as the finest of motor yachts.
Thats 5,000 sq ft of luxurious underwater living. That is 5.5 times my current apartment size. Of course the downside is that I that I will need to work the next 1,950 years to pay it off.
Interior view of Phoenix 1000. Photo from U.S. Submarines
But it’s free to keep dreaming and in my dream you are invited along! The Phoenix 1000 has ample space for visitors. So what’s the list of features you ask? Plenty!
- 1500-ton displacement but in a streamlined form
- Out-performance of smaller counterparts in surface speed, submerged speed and submerged endurance
- Very large acrylic viewports
- Noted absence of structural bulkheads
- Integrated roll stabilization system
- A flying bridge
- Deck saloon
- Large enough to keep a small automobile in the aft section
- Docking minisub in the aft diveable to 610m or 2000ft.
- A main passenger area consisting of two decks, each 31 meters (102′) long and 6 meters (20′) wide
And of course there is more, but for $78 million you can have whatever you want.