I wooden dream of having a post full of wood puns. On the other hand my alder ego often gets the best of me and I may have to cherry pick a few. I am participating in the new round of SciFund Challenge. I am hoping yew (I can’t help myself) will help me support some research on wood falls. Details will be coming soon about how you can contribute! Fir now I have link roundup with my and my collaborator’s recent posts on this cool research.
- A Lonely Tree Far From Home Brings New Life to the Ocean Deep: A Narrative in Five Acts @DSN
- Some Echinoderms Will Never Grow Up @DSN
- Wood, It’s What’s For Dinner @DSN
- Wood from Land Feeds Deep Sea Life @DSN
- I Got Wood @DSN
- Making science out of chucking stuff in the sea @Eclectic Limpet
- Why land plants matter to deep-sea critters @Eclectic Limpet
Not to board you with more but below is a gallery of images that I think will spruce up the post. The photos are from wood falls nearly two miles deep on the Pacific seafloor and many are courtesy of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute. I hope I left you pining for more.